At Ashfield Junior School we endeavour to meet the needs of children with SEND in a mainstream classroom wherever possible. All Hertfordshire maintained schools are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school.
Miss Arthur is the SENCo and works closely with each of the class teachers and helps to identify needs, organise provision and liaise with external professionals to meet the needs of our children.
If you want to talk about your child’s special educational or disability with the SENCo, then appointments can be made via the school office.
- Hertfordshire Local Offer-services for children/young people with SEND:
DSPL is a Hertfordshire-wide partnership approach where parents, staff in early years settings and schools, further education colleges, local authority officers and representatives from other agencies, work together as part of an Area Group, reviewing and developing the range of provision and support services available to their local community that :
- Meets the needs of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), aged 0-25, as close to home as possible.
- Improves outcomes for wellbeing and attainment
- Widens choice for children and parents/carers
- Removes barriers to learning
- Uses resources more effectively
For more information about DSPL please go to:
- Family Surgeries Autumn 2023 (114.58KB)