At Ashfield we take eSafety very seriously. The links below give support and advice on how to keep safe online. Please take the time to look through this information and discuss it with your child.
Keeping up with children’s use of technology is challenging for many adults and it can be hard to supervise what they are viewing and creating online, who they are chatting to and texting, and what they are downloading. Many children may well have better technical skills than you but they still need advice and protection when using the internet.
- Childnet.com – www.childnet.com
- BBC Safe Surfing – www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe
- Childline Cyber Bullying – www.childline.org.uk
- Digital Parenting – www.vodafone.com/content/parents.html
- Think U Know? – CEOP – The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre – www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- National Online Safety – Squid Games – What Parents Need to Know – https://nationalcollege.com/news/squid-game-what-parents-need-to-know
- 02 – Keeping Children Safe Online – www.o2.co.uk/help/online-safety
Consider using filtering software, for example GetK9, or make use of the Parental Control facility that is available free on all computers, and which can be accessed via Settings – Control Panel – User Accounts. Setting up a separate user account for your child will enable you to effectively monitor your child’s internet usage and filter & block unsuitable or inappropriate websites and content.
- Online Safety Policy (378.88KB)